Monday, May 1, 2017

備えあれば憂いなし BE PREPARED AND HAVE NO REGRET


Be Prepared and Have No Regrets

  I was walking along a freezing cold road at about one o’clock in February. I was heading for a convenience store to buy A4 size paper.
  About 15 minutes before that, I had been printing my short story. I had to print more than 250 pages, but unfortunately the paper had run out after about 50 pages. I had to hand in my printed short story at 10 o’clock the next morning.
  I wore my overcoat and went out of my house in the snow. After a 15 minute walk, I reached the convenience store. Luckily they sold a pack of A4 size paper, but it contained only 100 sheets. I asked the shop owner to sell the paper in the copying machine installed in the shop, but he refused. So I had to walk to another convenience store 20 minutes away. It was around 1:30 at night. I walked step by step holding my umbrella tightly.
  Consequently, I bought two packs of A4 paper and came back home about two o’clock in the morning. Then I began to print my short story. It took another hour to print all the pages.
  I learned the real meaning of “Be prepared and have no regrets.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment