Thursday, November 13, 2008

ENGLISH HAIKU: THE OIRASE RIVER 奥入瀬

THE OIRASE RIVER


  My wife and I went to Tohoku district for sightseeing at the end of October. The scenic spots we visited included Konjiki-do Temple in Hiraizumi, Hachikoda Mountains, and Lake Towada.
  The most impressive place was the Oirase River. The autumn trees with red and orange leaves over the river were so beautiful that I didn’t know how to describe the beauty. We were lucky that the sky had cleared up when we began to stroll along the path beside the river. I want to enjoy the scenery again.

Autumn leaves
Over the Oirase River
Oxygen into my happy lungs


Along the Oirase River
White waves
Orange leaves


Autumn leaves along the river
Orange, yellow, green, and red
360 degrees

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing wonderful photos with us. I have been thinking about the power and importance of the ability to appreciate art and beauty; it allows us to see and experience life with so much depth and flexibility. It liberates us. If you are interested, here is a short piece I wrote recently on this theme. (http://www.seto.nanzan-u.ac.jp/ps/
    nepas/coffee/topics04.html)
    I hope you are doing well. I would love to see you and talk over coffee or dinner sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie,
    Thank you for your comment. I've read your wonderful essay on "How you can lead and enjoy a creative life." We, humanbeings, feel that we are alive and living only when we are engaged in the activity of creation.

    lyrics for the Nanzan Elementary School song のことは知りませんでした。すばらしい。どんなlyricsか教えてください

    松岡

    ReplyDelete
  3. 松岡先生、ありがとうございます。小学校校歌の作詞については、4月に長谷部先生にも報告しました。その際に、近いうちに一度会いましょう、というお話をしたのですが、未だに実現していません。松岡先生とも是非お会いしたく思います。名古屋キャンパスの英語教育センターに一度お越し下さい。その際に校歌をお聞かせしますよ。では、お元気で。

    ReplyDelete