アジア大会開会式中継
以下は中日新聞の「声」欄に投稿した文章です。
TV Broadcast of the Opening of the Asian Athletics Meeting
The following is a letter to the editor of the Chunichi Newspaper.
The Asian Athletics Meeting was held in Nagoya on September 19, 2026, with about 11,000 athletes participating from 45 countries and regions. His Majesty the Emperor formally declared the opening of this national event.
I am a Nagoya City resident living near the Mizuho Athletic Arena. For nearly two years, I had to take a detour whenever I walked along the Yamazaki River because of construction work for the new riverbanks and the new arena. I endured the inconvenience and told myself, “It can’t be helped. Everything is for the success of the athletic meeting.”
However, on the very day of the opening ceremony, I was shocked to learn that the Asian Athletic Meeting was not broadcast on television. Why did NHK—the national broadcaster that collects viewing fees from almost all residents of Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, and indeed Japan—fail to air such an important national event? Moreover, none of the five commercial television stations in Nagoya broadcast it either. I felt disappointed and angry.
The governor of Aichi Prefecture serves as president of the organizing committee, and the mayor of Nagoya City serves as vice president. They must have known in advance that no television station planned to broadcast the event, yet they took no action. I hope they will fulfill their accountability and explain clearly why the broadcast failed.
No comments:
Post a Comment